Group Auto-Scale in UCSC genome browser

Ramirez, Angie

Jul 3, 2024, 4:35:48 PMJul 3
to gen...@soe.ucsc.edu, genom...@soe.ucsc.edu
Dear UCSC Genome Browser Support Team,

I hope this message finds you well!

I'm reaching out to ask for assistance regarding an issue I'm having with the "Group Auto-Scale" feature in the UCSC Genome Browser. I'd like to use the feature to have all the tracks scaled against the track in the group with the highest maximum peak in the current window view. I have used the following sources to configure my trackhub file to set my tracks as "compositeTracks" in order to enable the "group-auto scale" option in the "Data view scaling" setting:
Despite following these instructions, when I enable this setting and change the default display mode from "hidden" to "full" to view my tracks, I encounter an issue where the genome browser displays an empty window (screenshots attached), which as a result, prevents me from going back and reconfiguring my settings.
I would greatly appreciate any guidance or alternative methods to set up the trackhub file correctly to enable the "Group Auto-Scale" feature. Please let me know if you need any additional information or if there are specific configurations or examples that I should follow.  Below I have also provided an example of how my hub file is set-up:

hub example_hub
shortLabel example_hub
longLabel example Hub for UCSC Genome Browser Issue
useOneFile on

genome mm10

track groupTrack
compositeTrack on