Annotation Release NCBI Homo sapiens Version on SQL table dump annotation database

Eah Alina Keomanee

Oct 27, 2021, 7:04:51 PM10/27/21
to gen...@soe.ucsc.edu
Hello ,

I am trying to figure out what Annotation Release NCBI Homo sapiens version was used to create the ncbiRefSeqSelect.txt.gz and ncbiRefSeqCurated.txt.gz files and was wonderinf if you could assist me?
Is it the same version that the current NCBI RefSeq tracks is using, which I believe iRefSeq genes from NCBI - Annotation Release NCBI Homo sapiens 109.20210514 (2021-05-18) ?

https://hgdownload.soe.ucsc.edu/goldenPath/hg38/database/ncbiRefSeqCurated.txt.gz

I appreciate any information you can provide, thank you!
Alina

Eah Alina Keomanee

Oct 28, 2021, 12:33:43 PM10/28/21
to gen...@soe.ucsc.edu
Hello ,

I have one follow-up question, I see that these files are also available under specific version links in the archive folder. Do you know if the current files in the SQL table dump database are in these archive files below?

Thank you,
Alina

Oct 29, 2021, 6:23:55 PM10/29/21
to Eah Alina Keomanee, gen...@soe.ucsc.edu

Hello,

Thank you for using the UCSC Genome Browser and sending your inquiry.

You are correct and the RefSeq version for the two files, ncbiRefSeqSelect.txt.gz and ncbiRefSeqCurated.txt.gz, is 109.20210514 (2021-05-18). It is RefSeq 109, but an update to it, made by RefSeq on 5/14/2021. The SQL table dump files you shared will always correspond to the latest version of RefSeq for that assembly. The latest version of RefSeq for hg38 and hg19 in the archive directory is:

https://hgdownload.soe.ucsc.edu/goldenPath/archive/hg38/ncbiRefSeq/109.20210514/
https://hgdownload.soe.ucsc.edu/goldenPath/archive/hg19/ncbiRefSeq/105.20201022/

I hope this is helpful. If you have any further questions, please reply to gen...@soe.ucsc.edu.
All messages sent to that address are archived on a publicly accessible Google Groups forum.
If your question includes sensitive data, you may send it instead to genom...@soe.ucsc.edu.

Jairo Navarro
UCSC Genome Browser

Want to share the Browser with colleagues?
Host a workshop: https://bit.ly/ucscTraining

--

---

Eah Alina Keomanee

Oct 30, 2021, 6:53:11 PM10/30/21
to Jairo Navarro Gonzalez, gen...@soe.ucsc.edu
Hello Jairo,

Thank you for your quick response, that is very helpful to know! Do you know how long the archive directories will be available(the oldest ones I see are from May of this year) ?

Thank you,
Alina

Nov 1, 2021, 2:43:30 PM11/1/21
to Eah Alina Keomanee, Jairo Navarro Gonzalez, gen...@soe.ucsc.edu
Hello, Alina.

We have no plans to delete archive directories. For the NCBI RefSeq track, the reason the archives are only available starting from May 2021 is that is when we started the archive, not because we removed older ones.

If you have any further questions, please reply to gen...@soe.ucsc.edu. All messages sent to that address are archived on a publicly-accessible Google Groups forum. If your question includes sensitive data, you may send it instead to genom...@soe.ucsc.edu.

Training videos & resources: http://genome.ucsc.edu/training/index.html

Want to share the Browser with colleagues? Host a workshop: http://bit.ly/ucscTraining

---

Matthew Speir

UCSC Cell Browser, Quality Assurance and Data Wrangler

Human Cell Atlas, User Experience Researcher

UCSC Genome Browser, User Support

UC Santa Cruz Genomics Institute

Revealing life’s code.

Eah Alina Keomanee

Nov 2, 2021, 1:37:29 PM11/2/21
to Matthew Speir, Jairo Navarro Gonzalez, gen...@soe.ucsc.edu
Hello Matthew,

I see, thank you for the information! This was very helpful!

Alina