Primer design

Homa Tajsharghi

May 31, 2024, 4:23:19 PMMay 31
to gen...@soe.ucsc.edu

Hi

I used to use UCSC to design primers for a non-coding sequence with a single click from the gene to the primer design with exon/intron data and several suggested primer pairs for each exon. This function is not working anymore.

Click here to open Exonprimer with this transcript

To design primers for a non-coding sequence,

Highly appreciate if you could assist me whether there is any other way to have access to the primer design function,

Best

Homa

Homa Tajsharghi, PhD

Professor of Biomedicine

University of Skövde

School of Health Sciences

Div Biomedicine
Box 408, 541 28 Skövde,

SWEDEN
Phone: +46-(0)500 448612

Zoom: https://his-se.zoom.us/my/homatajsharghi

Here you can read about how the University of Skövde handles your personal data: https://www.his.se/en/about-us/facts-and-figures/data-protection-gdpr/

Jairo Navarro Gonzalez

Jun 20, 2024, 7:39:55 PM (12 days ago) Jun 20
to Homa Tajsharghi, gen...@soe.ucsc.edu

Hello,

Thank you for using the UCSC Genome Browser and reporting your issues.

Unfortunately, there isn't a solution to your problem at the moment. I am happy to share that we are updating the UCSC Genes track on hg19 for the first time since 2013 and will use the GENCODE v46 gene models. We anticipate the release to be after July 2nd, as the data update also requires an update to the Genome Browser software. We are working with the developers at ExonPrimer to make the update as seamless as possible.

I hope this is helpful. If you have any further questions, please reply to gen...@soe.ucsc.edu.
All messages sent to that address are archived on a publicly accessible Google Groups forum.
If your question includes sensitive data, you may send it instead to genom...@soe.ucsc.edu.

Jairo Navarro
UCSC Genome Browser

--