UShER error

Keith Durkin

Sep 12, 2022, 5:15:34 PM9/12/22
to gen...@soe.ucsc.edu
Hi
I have been using UShER for the last few months for checking the placement of SARS-CoV-2 genomes we sequence in relation to existing data and it has become an invaluable tool

However lately I get the following message when I try and upload a sequence:

Warning/Error(s):
Missing usher protobuf file (config setting in hgPhyloPlaceData/hg38/config.ra = (null)

Get the same result with a sequence ID

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

Keith

Angie Hinrichs

Sep 12, 2022, 5:21:41 PM9/12/22
to Keith Durkin, gen...@soe.ucsc.edu
Hi Keith,

Sorry about that!  Hope to have it fixed soon.  In the meantime, please try this link:

Angie

--

---

Angie Hinrichs, Bioinformatics Programmer

Angie Hinrichs

Sep 14, 2022, 11:16:05 AM9/14/22
to Keith Durkin, gen...@soe.ucsc.edu, Keith Durkin
Hi Keith,

So sorry about that!  The tree, at over 12 million sequences, has crossed a file size threshold that I did not anticipate a couple years ago when writing the code, and since then I forgot about that limitation.  I hope to have that fixed soon as well.  Thanks so much for reporting the error!

Angie

On Wed, Sep 14, 2022 at 4:09 AM Keith Durkin <keith...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Angie
The link you provided worked when I tried it on the 12th, however today using the GISAID genomes option I get the following error: Why did we not get EOF starting out with BIGNUM?
It works fine with the gene bank option (I get the same result with the link this link https://genome.ucsc.edu/cgi-bin/hgPhyloPlace)

Thanks for your help

Keith

Keith Durkin

Keith Durkin

Sep 14, 2022, 12:06:15 PM9/14/22
to Angie Hinrichs, gen...@soe.ucsc.edu
Hi Angie
Thanks for letting me know and thanks for the tool its a great help.

All the best

Keith

Angie Hinrichs

Sep 14, 2022, 4:45:01 PM9/14/22
to Keith Durkin, gen...@soe.ucsc.edu
Hi Keith,

The error is fixed now, thanks again for reporting it.

Angie