FW: UCSC

Uriel Rosen

Aug 2, 2021, 1:26:41 PM8/2/21
to Maximilian Haeussler, Daniel Schmelter, gen...@soe.ucsc.edu, Christopher Lee, Ori Roethler

Hi , how are you ?

We have an issue where  a user gets an sql error,steps taken before the error occurs are in the attached screenshots,

Please advice.

Also do you suggest using a file that is stored on our local network?

Thanks,

Uriel.

Screen Shot 2021-08-01 at 10.25.21.pdf

Dan Schmelter

Aug 2, 2021, 8:16:46 PM8/2/21
to Uriel Rosen, Maximilian Haeussler, gen...@soe.ucsc.edu, Christopher Lee, Ori Roethler

Hello Uriel,

Thanks for contacting UCSC Genome Browser support about that SQL error.

The Public MySQL server is working as expected. One of our engineers thinks that your issue may be caused by a firewall on your mirror server and that allowing access to its port might help.

The institutional firewall may be blocking their mirror site when it tries to connect to our public MySQL server genome-mysql.soe.ucsc.edu, so if they allow that (default port 3306), it might work.

I hope this was helpful. If you have any more questions, please reply-all to genom...@soe.ucsc.edu.

All the best,

Daniel Schmelter
UCSC Genome Browser

Uriel Rosen

Aug 3, 2021, 11:44:01 AM8/3/21
to Bechor Maymon, Maximilian Haeussler, gen...@soe.ucsc.edu, Christopher Lee, Ori Roethler, Dan Schmelter

Hi Bechor,

Can you please check if we have a rule allowing access for ibaucscbwv01.wexac.weizmann.ac.il to genome-mysql.soe.ucsc.edu  port 3306?

if not allowed please add this rule.

Thanks,

Uriel.

Uriel Rosen

Aug 3, 2021, 11:44:31 AM8/3/21
to Ori Roethler, Maximilian Haeussler, gen...@soe.ucsc.edu, Christopher Lee, Dan Schmelter, Bechor Maymon

Hi Ori ,

Please test if this operation works for you and update us.

Thanks,

Uriel.

Ori Roethler

Aug 3, 2021, 11:45:10 AM8/3/21
to Uriel Rosen, Maximilian Haeussler, gen...@soe.ucsc.edu, Christopher Lee, Dan Schmelter, Bechor Maymon
Hi Uriel,

Yes, the SQL issue is resolved.

Now I just need to know what path/link the mirror site expect to direct it to files on the wexac to upload custom data to it.

It needs to be able to accept byte-ranges to visualize only part of the data at a time.

Thanks,

Ori

Uriel Rosen

Aug 3, 2021, 11:45:41 AM8/3/21
to Ori Roethler, Maximilian Haeussler, gen...@soe.ucsc.edu, Christopher Lee, Dan Schmelter, Bechor Maymon

If the files you work with are on wexac storage you can use the browse button to select them, assuming you mapped the Wexac storage to your pc as a network drive.