Continued MAX_EXECUTION_TIME error message

1 view

Daniel Arriaza

Jan 18, 2023, 1:05:00 PM1/18/23
to gen...@soe.ucsc.edu, genom...@soe.ucsc.edu
To whom it may concern:

Hi my name is Daniel Arriaza, and I am currently a fourth year undergraduate student in the Biomolecular Engineering Department here at UCSC. I have undertaken a Senior Thesis as my graduation capstone, for which I am developing a bioinformatic tool whose functionality relies heavily on a large number of MYSQL queries. I was implementing some concurrent queries to cut down on an excessive run time and I have been met with either a lack of permissions to change some global variables and or an error in maximum statement time. I was wondering if there is anyone I can meet with either in person or over zoom, and optimize my program to avoid unneeded and unwelcome bombarding of the MariaDB server.

Thank you for your time,

Daniel Arriaza
Undergraduate Researcher
Daniel Kim Lab, UCSC

Luis Nassar

Jan 20, 2023, 8:43:54 PM1/20/23
to Daniel Arriaza, gen...@soe.ucsc.edu, genom...@soe.ucsc.edu

Hello, Daniel.

Always great to hear from UCSC students. Could you share with us a little about what the tool does, and what kinds of queries it makes to the MySQL server, especially any queries that are hitting the max execution time? That way we can think about whether we offer any better options, or if not we may be able to direct you to someone that can help.

Please include gen...@soe.ucsc.edu in any replies to ensure visibility by the team. All messages sent to that address are archived on our public forum. If your question includes sensitive information, you may send it instead to genom...@soe.ucsc.edu.

Lou Nassar
UCSC Genomics Institute