Error of blat in GBiB

엄다훈

Aug 4, 2021, 12:33:21 PM8/4/21
to gen...@soe.ucsc.edu
Hello!

I'm active GBiB user. Actually, I have a problem when using blat.

>1
CCCTCCACTGAGTTGGTTGT
>2
TGTGCTGAGCAACTCTGCTT
>3
CCCTCACTCGAAGTCTCCAG
>4
CATGTGCTTTCCACTCCTGA
>5
AAGGACTCCAGCCAGAATCA
>6
TGGAGTGGTCCTCAAGATCC

When I blat these sequences,  this error message came out.
image.png

However, I can blat in public UCSC genome browser. How can I blat these sequences using GBiB?

Thank you in advance !!

Dahun

Jairo Navarro Gonzalez

Aug 4, 2021, 8:29:10 PM8/4/21
to 엄다훈, UCSC Genome Browser Discussion List

Hello,

Thank you for using the UCSC Genome Browser and reporting your issues.

We recently added the GRC patch release 6 to mm10 and is causing errors in your BLAT searches as you will need to update the mm10 genome on your GBiB. Is there a particular reason that you do not have automatic updates turned on? You can update the mm10 genome by activating auto-updates (gbibAutoUpdateOn) for a few hours. Once the mm10 genome is updated, you can then turn off auto-updates (gbibAutoUpdateOff) once again.

More information about the mm10 patch sequences can be found on the following news announcement:

https://genome.ucsc.edu/goldenPath/newsarch.html#080421

I hope this is helpful. If you have any further questions, please reply to gen...@soe.ucsc.edu.
All messages sent to that address are archived on a publicly accessible Google Groups forum.
If your question includes sensitive data, you may send it instead to genom...@soe.ucsc.edu.

Jairo Navarro
UCSC Genome Browser

Want to share the Browser with colleagues?
Host a workshop: https://bit.ly/ucscTraining

--

---

엄다훈

Aug 5, 2021, 10:19:00 AM8/5/21
to Jairo Navarro Gonzalez, UCSC Genome Browser Discussion List
Thanks Navarro.

Due to your kind explanation, blat is now working well.
Have a good day :)

Dahun

2021년 8월 5일 (목) 오전 9:29, Jairo Navarro Gonzalez <jnav...@ucsc.edu>님이 작성: