ftp protocol fails

Diethard Tautz

Jun 27, 2024, 12:04:33 PM (5 days ago) Jun 27
to gen...@soe.ucsc.edu
Hi,
Our central computing facility (GWDG Goettingen) has adopted a new ftp protocol for security reasons. This means that I am now receiving the error message: "SSL error: tlsv1 alert protocol" when I want to load datatracks into the UCSC browser via ftp transfer. Unfortunately, this affects also published tracks, especially in the "wildmouse" track set that are vital for various labs.
Are you going to update your ftp protocols to match the new security standard?
best
Diethard

Prof. Dr. Diethard Tautz (ML)
Max-Planck-Institut fuer Evolutionsbiologie
Emeritus Scientific Member
August-Thienemannstrasse 2
24306 Ploen (Germany)