request Oar_rambouillet_v1.0ToOar_v3.1.over.chain.gz and Oar_v3.1ToOar_rambouillet_v1.0.over.chain.gz file

JJJAMBO

Oct 27, 2021, 11:49:30 AM10/27/21
to genome

Dear UCSC Genome Browser database,

In order to make a better analysis in sheep, we selected the new highly contiguous sheep reference genome sequence (Oar_rambouillet_v1.0, GenBank assembly accession: GCA_002742125.1, https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/assembly/GCF_002742125.1/), and that of earlier draft genome sequence Oar_v3.1 is 40,376 bp). However, there is no available over.chain.gz file used for liftOver between new sheep reference genome (Oar_rambouillet_v1.0) and the earlier sheep reference genome ( Oar_v3.1). Therefore, I am writing to request you to provide Oar_rambouillet_v1.0ToOar_v3.1.over.chain.gz file which contains the liftOver data needed to convert Oar_rambouillet_v1.0 (sheep) coordinates to Oar_v3.1 (sheep). I would also like to request you to provide Oar_v3.1ToOar_rambouillet_v1.0.over.chain.gz file at the same time. I am sorry for any inconvenience I have caused. Thank you for your attention to these requests. I would like to thank you for your generous help in this case.

Yours sincerely,

Dr. Yuwei Gou

Gerardo Perez

Nov 1, 2021, 8:40:23 PM11/1/21
to JJJAMBO, genome

Hello Dr. Yuwei Gou,

Thank you for your interest in the Genome Browser.

We have made an alignment of the oviAri3 assembly to the GCF_002742125.1 assembly hub. The two files are available on our download server:
GCF_002742125.1 → oviAri3: https://hgdownload.soe.ucsc.edu/hubs/GCF/002/742/125/GCF_002742125.1/liftOver/GCF_002742125.1ToOviAri3.over.chain.gz

oviAri3 → GCF_002742125.1: https://hgdownload.soe.ucsc.edu//goldenPath/oviAri3/vsGCF_002742125.1/oviAri3.GCF_002742125.1.all.chain.gz

The GCF_002742125.1 to oviAri3 Chain/Net tracks can be visualized here:
https://genome.ucsc.edu/h/GCF_002742125.1

I hope this is helpful. If you have any further questions, please reply to gen...@soe.ucsc.edu. All messages sent to that address are archived on a publicly-accessible Google Groups forum. If your question includes sensitive data, you may send it instead to genom...@soe.ucsc.edu.

Gerardo Perez
UCSC Genomics Institute

--

---

Gerardo Perez

Nov 8, 2021, 7:09:16 PM11/8/21
to JJJAMBO, genome

Hello Dr. Yuwei Gou,

My apologies. I sent the wrong oviAri3 → GCF_002742125.1 link in the previous email. The correct link should be the following:
oviAri3 → GCF_002742125.1: https://hgdownload.soe.ucsc.edu/goldenPath/oviAri3/liftOver/oviAri3ToGCF_002742125.1.over.chain.gz

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. If you have any further questions, please reply to gen...@soe.ucsc.edu. All messages sent to that address are archived on a publicly-accessible Google Groups forum. If your question includes sensitive data, you may send it instead to genom...@soe.ucsc.edu.

Gerardo Perez
UCSC Genomics Institute