Issues with region highlight feature on UCSC

DeGusmao, Claudio

Nov 8, 2021, 4:33:26 PM11/8/21
to gen...@soe.ucsc.edu, Cláudio Gusmão

Dear sir and/or madam –

I am writing to inquire about a problem I have been encountering using the genome browser for the last few weeks: whenever I select a region and click on the “add highlight” function, before zooming out on the browser,  the highlighting function does not work. Sometimes it does work - there is no rhyme or reason to it, it has become temperamental. I had never seen this issue before, but I do have genetics colleagues who are also encountering this at present.

Can you please let me know if this is something you are aware of? This is a very useful function, and I very much appreciate the opportunity to use the UCSC browser!

Thank you in advance,

Claudio

Claudio M. de Gusmao, MD

Associate Physician in Neurology and Movement Disorders

Departments of Neurology and Genetics

Boston Children’s Hospital

Daniel Schmelter

Nov 9, 2021, 8:16:41 PM11/9/21
to DeGusmao, Claudio, gen...@soe.ucsc.edu, Cláudio Gusmão

Hello Claudio,

Thank you for contacting Genome Browser support about your issue with highlights.

We are aware of a nearly identical highlight bug that has been fixed on our development site and will be released to the public site on our next regular software update, next Tuesday afternoon on 11/16/21. I apologize for the inconvenience and hope that timeline will be okay for you.

I hope this was helpful. If you have any more questions, please reply-all to gen...@soe.ucsc.edu. All messages sent to that address are publicly archived. If your question includes sensitive data, please reply-all to genom...@soe.ucsc.edu.

All the best,

Daniel Schmelter
UCSC Genome Browser

--