Read Numbers

PJ Kumar

Jun 12, 2024, 1:13:24 PMJun 12
to gen...@soe.ucsc.edu
Hi,

   Where can I find the read numbers for a genome such as "NM 001190489" on your site?

Thank you

Jairo Navarro Gonzalez

Jun 12, 2024, 1:39:48 PMJun 12
to PJ Kumar, gen...@soe.ucsc.edu

Hello,

Thank you for using the UCSC Genome Browser and sending your inquiry.

To better assist you, can you let us know what assembly you are using to search for these RefSeq identifiers? These IDs have an underscore, which yours is missing, and can lead to searching issues. Searching for NM_001190489 on hg38 results in a hit to the UCSC RefSeq track. If you are new to using the UCSC Genome Browser, you may be interested in using the interactive tutorial:

https://genome.ucsc.edu/cgi-bin/hgTracks?db=hg38&startTutorial=true

The training page also has user guides for the various tools on the UCSC Genome Browser:

https://genome.ucsc.edu/training/

You can also search the mailing list archive to look for previously answered questions:

https://groups.google.com/a/soe.ucsc.edu/g/genome

I hope this is helpful. If you have any further questions, please reply to gen...@soe.ucsc.edu.
All messages sent to that address are archived on a publicly accessible Google Groups forum.
If your question includes sensitive data, you may send it instead to genom...@soe.ucsc.edu.

Jairo Navarro
UCSC Genome Browser

--

---

PJ Kumar

Jun 17, 2024, 3:27:25 PMJun 17
to Jairo Navarro Gonzalez, gen...@soe.ucsc.edu
Dear Jairo Navarro,

  My apologies. The correct ID I have been using does have an underscore. Thus, "NM_001190489". I am using the hg19 assembly. Please let me know if there is a way to obtain the read numbers.

Thank you,
PJ

Gerardo Perez

Jun 18, 2024, 2:11:53 PMJun 18
to PJ Kumar, gen...@soe.ucsc.edu

Hello,

Could you provide more details or an example of what you mean by "read numbers"?

Also, were you able to search for "NM_001190489" on hg19? If yes, were the search results not helpful?  If not, could you provide details on why you were not able to search for "NM_001190489" on hg19? We would appreciate your feedback.

Please reply to gen...@soe.ucsc.edu. All messages sent to that address are archived on a publicly-accessible Google Groups forum. If your question includes sensitive data, you may send it instead to genom...@soe.ucsc.edu.

Gerardo Perez
UCSC Genomics Institute