Cannot read bigWig files from link

Joe Harman

Oct 29, 2021, 12:51:36 PM10/29/21
to gen...@soe.ucsc.edu

Hello,

I have a weird problem with loading bigWigs and hubs here: https://genome-euro.ucsc.edu. I’m hoping that you could maybe help me!

If I upload a bigwig manually it loads fine. However, hubs and bigwigs that are hosted on our server are unable to connect. Here is an example session with this behaviour: https://genome-euro.ucsc.edu/s/JoeHarman/example (Genome mm10, hub name “BASE”, see attached file for Hub error message).

The hub links are correct, and point towards the appropriate hub file. This behaviour is occurring across all of my sessions. However, as in the example session above, gtf files (see track “User Supplied Track”) seem to be loading fine which may suggest this is a bigwig specific issue?

And a further comment: I believe this is an issue with the genome browser and not our computational server, as I have tried loading these hubs on https://genome.ucsc.edu/ and they work fine (Evidenced here: https://genome.ucsc.edu/s/JoeHarman/example_2, mm10, BASE track).

I’ve searched around and have not been able to find an explanation. Would it be possible to get some advice on this?

Thank you,

Best wishes,

Joe

Screenshot 2021-10-29 at 17.30.54.png

Galt Barber

Oct 29, 2021, 7:38:15 PM10/29/21
to Joe Harman, gen...@soe.ucsc.edu
Dear Joe,

We have just updated our certs on genome-euro and the problem has been resolved.
Thanks so much for the helpful and detailed question.

Galt Barber
Senior Software Engineer
UCSC Genome Browser

Ar Aoine 29 DFómh 2021 ag 09:51, scríobh Joe Harman <joe.h...@hertford.ox.ac.uk>: