Annotations for a list of transcripts

Guy Perry

May 26, 2016, 11:36:08 AM5/26/16
to gen...@soe.ucsc.edu
Hi. I'm sorry to bother you, and I'm sure you receive many many emails every day on related issues. I just wanted to find out if it was possible to submit a batch (about 22K) of transcript tags (Ensembl mouse ENSMUST) to obtain a list of annotational terms for each of them. No analysis, just the annotations. I've tried this through DAVID but they use a 3K gene cap.

Best and many thanks,

Guy Perry

--

G. Perry
Assistant Professor

Cath Tyner

May 27, 2016, 4:07:54 PM5/27/16
to Guy Perry, UCSC Genome Browser Public Help Forum
Hello Guy,

Thank you for submitting your question to the UCSC Genome Browser regarding options for obtaining annotations for a list of 22k ENSMUST transcript tags.

You can accomplish this using our Table Browser tool
​.​

Here is a related question on BIOSTARS which should guide you, note that you can upload a list of identifiers to query:
https://www.biostars.org/p/92939/

If you are new to the UCSC Genome Browser, you might also be interested in some introductory video tutorials about the browser available
from our training page:
http://genome.ucsc.edu/training/index.html
http://www.openhelix.com/ucsc

​You can also search our public mailing list archive for similar previously answered questions.​

​Please feel free to respond to this mailing list if you have further questions!​

Thank you again for your inquiry and for using the UCSC Genome Browser.
​Please send new and follow-up questions to one of our UCSC Genome Browser mailing lists below:

  * Post to the Public Help Forum: E
mail
gen...@soe.ucsc.edu
​ or search the Public Archives
​  * Post to the Mirror Help Forum: Email

genome...@soe.ucsc.edu
or search the Mirror Archives​
​  * Confidential/private data help: Email

genom...@soe.ucsc.edu

UCSC Genome Browser Announcements List (email alerts for new data & software):
  * Subscribe: Email genome-annou...@soe.ucsc.edu

​Enjoy,
Cath
. . .
Cath Tyner
UCSC Genome Browser, Software QA & User Support
UC Santa Cruz Genomics Institute

--

---