exon numbering

Rimvydas Jonikas

May 16, 2024, 11:48:16 AMMay 16
to gen...@soe.ucsc.edu

Hello,

I noticed that after some update to genome browser, when you have few exons on the screen, and hover over one of them, the numbering always says the number of the left most exon instead of the one you are covering. For example here, which ever exon you hover over, it always says exon 9, which is that far left one visable on the screen:

https://genome.ucsc.edu/cgi-bin/hgTracks?db=hg38&lastVirtModeType=default&lastVirtModeExtraState=&virtModeType=default&virtMode=0&nonVirtPosition=&position=chrX%3A153869238%2D153870971&hgsid=2241194746_82KvEPfMWWvSECawHSAyMc4FCZSs

Sincerely,

Medical biologist

Rimvydas Jonikas

Hospital of Lithuanian University of Health Sciences Kauno klinikos,  Department of Genetics and molecular medicine

Luis Nassar

Jun 28, 2024, 9:07:11 PM (4 days ago) Jun 28
to Rimvydas Jonikas, gen...@soe.ucsc.edu
Hello,

Thank you for contacting us about this bug and your patience while we looked into it.

We have now fixed the bug, and the issue will be resolved after our next version release on Tuesday, July 2nd.

Let us know if you notice anything else, or have any further questions.

I hope this is helpful. Please include gen...@soe.ucsc.edu in any replies to ensure visibility by the team. All messages sent to that address are archived on our public forum. If your question includes sensitive information, you may send it instead to genom...@soe.ucsc.edu.

Lou Nassar
UCSC Genomics Institute

--

---