Re: [genome-www] [UCSC GB Training] utr regions

1 view

Jairo Navarro Gonzalez

Feb 24, 2023, 7:33:26 PM2/24/23
to Ighli di Bari, genome...@soe.ucsc.edu, ucscgbt...@soe.ucsc.edu

Hello,

Thank you for using the UCSC Genome Browser and sending your inquiry.

We have added patches to the human and mouse genomes, corresponding to the _alt and _fix chromosomes you see in your data. If your software does not support these sequences, we recommend filtering these regions out of your pipeline. More information about patches to the genome can be found on the following blog post:

https://genome-blog.soe.ucsc.edu/blog/2019/02/22/patches/

I hope this is helpful. If you have any further questions, please reply to gen...@soe.ucsc.edu.
All messages sent to that address are archived on a publicly accessible Google Groups forum.
If your question includes sensitive data, you may send it instead to genom...@soe.ucsc.edu.

Jairo Navarro

UCSC Genome Browser

On Tue, Feb 14, 2023 at 11:18 PM Ighli di Bari <ighli.dib...@gmail.com> wrote:
Dear Dr,

Please, i need your support. I am generating a custom panel for NGS sequencing. I downloaded from UCSC Table Browser-->Define region of interest--->genome---> after that I did "paste" for a list of genes (.txt) and after other steps, I obtained UTR5' regions coordinates. Attached (excel file) there are regions (in yellow) not recognized for drawing panel probes because they are fix or patch. Are they excluded? The panel drawing software does not recognize them and puts them as unknown regions.

Thank you very much.

Best regards,

Ighli