Re: [genome] The Genome Browser in a Box (GBiB)

Luvina Guruvadoo

Oct 15, 2014, 4:43:06 PM10/15/14
to Yuan, Qiaoping (NIH/NIAAA) [E], gen...@soe.ucsc.edu, genome...@soe.ucsc.edu
Hello Qiaoping,

As my colleague mentioned to you previously, we are currently in the final stages of testing the GBiB, and plan to release it during the week of October 20th. After it has been officially released, there will be a link on that GBiB help page, http://genome.ucsc.edu/goldenPath/help/gbib, to download the GBiB.

If you have any further questions, please reply to gen...@soe.ucsc.edu. All messages sent to that address are archived on a publicly-accessible forum. If your question includes sensitive data, you may send it instead to genom...@soe.ucsc.edu.

- - -
Luvina Guruvadoo
UCSC Genome Bioinformatics Group

On Wed, Oct 15, 2014 at 12:23 PM, Yuan, Qiaoping (NIH/NIAAA) [E] <qy...@mail.nih.gov> wrote:

Dear Friends at UCSC:

I am a frequent user of the great resources/tools from UCSC Genome Browser. Because the data sensitivity and our network/firewall setting in the lab, I cannot upload some of our data or provide the URL into UCSC Genome Browser. Your Genome Browser in a Box (GBiB) seems like a very good solution for my problem. I have installed VirtualBox. But I could not find “the Genome Browser in a Box ZIP file” (browserbox.vbox) mentioned on this web page (http://genome.ucsc.edu/goldenPath/help/gbib).  Would you please let me know where I can get all related files for setting the Genome Browser in a Box or any other similar solutions for using your great resources/tools?

Thank you very much.

Qiaoping

Qiaoping Yuan, Ph.D.

NIH/NIAAA/DICBR/LNG