Patching hg38 2bit

Sebastien Weyn

Feb 15, 2022, 3:56:56 PM2/15/22
to genome...@soe.ucsc.edu

Hello,

We are using minimal GBIC and have a blat query that seems to be returning a hit on chr15_ML143371v1_fix. Since we do not have that chromosome in our database, the blat output fails completely with the error “chr15_ML143371v1_fix is not in /gbdb/hg38//hg38.2bit”.

Could you please let me know how to patch the 2bit? Running sudo bash browserSetup.sh minimal hg38 was not sufficient.

Thanks!

Sebastien

Disclaimer

Brian Lee

Feb 15, 2022, 8:02:56 PM2/15/22
to Sebastien Weyn, genome...@soe.ucsc.edu
Dear Sebastien,

Thank you for using the UCSC Genome Browser and a GBiC and your question about hg38 patch sequences.

Please try replacing your hg38.2bit in /gbdb/hg38//hg38.2bit with this file: https://hgdownload.soe.ucsc.edu/goldenPath/hg38/bigZips/latest/hg38.2bit

The /latest/ will have patch sequences including chr15_ML143371v1_fix, that the online blat server is also using that your GBiC connects to when doing a Blat or PCR search. There are other options too, such as setting up a localized blat server and pointing to it.

Thank you again for your inquiry and for using the UCSC Genome Browser. If you have any further public questions, please send new questions to gen...@soe.ucsc.edu. All messages sent to that address are archived on a publicly accessible forum to help others find answers to similar questions. If your question includes sensitive data, you may send it instead to genom...@soe.ucsc.edu, which is a private internal list to our support team.

All the best,

--

---

Sebastien Weyn

Feb 16, 2022, 12:03:57 PM2/16/22
to Brian Lee, genome...@soe.ucsc.edu

Thank you so much! I hadn’t seen the “latest” directory. This fixed the issue.

Sebastien

From: Brian Lee <bria...@soe.ucsc.edu>
Date: Wednesday, February 16, 2022 at 9:46 AM
To: Sebastien Weyn <sw...@stoketherapeutics.com>
Cc: genome...@soe.ucsc.edu <genome...@soe.ucsc.edu>
Subject: Re: [genome-mirror] Patching hg38 2bit

EXTERNAL EMAIL - use caution with links, attachments, and sharing information.