problem converting a bed to bigBed file

Theodosiou, Loukas

Nov 10, 2022, 1:38:18 PM11/10/22
to genome...@soe.ucsc.edu
Dear UCSC team,

I highly appreciate your time and support.
I am relatively new to the UCSCborwser, and I would like some help.

I aim to upload a new Genome as a track Hub in the UCSC genome browser.

I am trying to convert my bed file to bigBed, and I keep getting an error that this is not a .bigBed file. I share my data at the [address](https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1-wmbc9gKtbXFJ95E0n41WgPL-G313SNe?usp=share_link).

I am using the new _Arabidopsis thaliana_ as a test genome for uploading in the UCSC browser.
I have downloaded the kent Utilities as it is indicated in the tutorials.

First I am converting the gff3 file of _Arabidopsis thaliana_  to a bed file, using [agat](https://anaconda.org/bioconda/agat

```
agat_convert_sp_gff2bed.pl -gff Arabidopsis_thaliana_TAIR10.gff3 -o arath_gff.bed
```

Then I sort the bed file

```
sort -k1,1 -k2,2n arath_gff.bed > arath_gff_sorted.bed
```
Lastly, I have used different commands to convert .bed to .bigBed, but none works.

```
bedToBigBed arath_gff_sorted.bed arath.chrom.sizes arath.bigBed
```
or
```
bedToBigBed -type=bed12+ -as=bed12Source.as -tab arath_gff_sorted.bed arath.chrom.sizes arath.bigBed
```

To evaluate if my .bigBed file is functional, I am using the following command.

```
bigBedToBed -chrom=chr1 -start=1 -end=10 arath.bigBed stdout
```

Which gives me the following error:
*arath.bigBed is not a big bed file*

Any help or guidance is appreciated!