space required for UCSC genome browser docker image

Hoover, David (NIH/CIT) [E]

Jan 19, 2024, 12:16:19 PMJan 19
to genome...@soe.ucsc.edu
Hi all,

Roughly how much disk space is required in /var/lib/docker to hold and run the UCSC genome browser docker image? I know it is at least 4GB, because that is the limit of /var on my server that bottomed...

David
--
David Hoover, Ph.D.
Computational Biologist

Maximilian Haeussler

Jan 22, 2024, 1:14:36 PMJan 22
to Hoover, David (NIH/CIT) [E], genome...@soe.ucsc.edu
Hi David,

This depends on how much data you want to download. It could be 8TB if you sync hg19 and hg38, but probably know this. Do you mean the cgi-bin files only? That would be around 3GB.

I imagine you're going to mount the /gbdb and mysql directories from your existing server ?

I'm curious: is the background of this related to your Rocky8 problems? Are you moving your mirror now into Docker as a result of this problem?

--

---