Genome Browser updated hg38 default genes to GENCODE v36

Daniel Schmelter

Mar 22, 2021, 3:08:00 PMMar 22
to genome-...@soe.ucsc.edu
Hello Genome Browser Champions,

We are happy to share that last week we updated the most recent human genome, GRCh38/hg38, with an updated default gene set, GENCODE v36. This is part of our commitment to keep our annotation data up-to-date with the most useful information. This geneset replaces our previous default, GENCODE v32, with a more recent dataset while retaining all of the filters, viewing options, and data access abilities. For stability and reproducibility, GENCODE v32 transcripts can still be viewed in the All GENCODE track.

You can view the new default geneset at the following link: GENCODE v36. If you have any questions, we have an FAQ page on gene sets. You can also get personal support from our Contact Us page.

All the best in bioinformatics and beyond!
UCSC Genome Browser team