Cactus 241-way comparative genomics track for hg38

Gerardo Perez

Sep 15, 2021, 7:49:20 PMSep 15
to genome-...@soe.ucsc.edu

Hello Everyone,

A new 241-way comparative genomics track has been added to the human (GRCh38/hg38) genome browser. This track shows multiple alignments of 241 vertebrate species and measurements of evolutionary conservation from the Zoonomia Project.

The multiple alignments were generated using the Cactus comparative genomics alignment system and the base-wise conservation scores were computed using phyloP from the PHAST package. For genome assemblies not available in the genome browser, there are alternative assembly hub genome browsers. Missing sequence in any assembly is highlighted in the track display by regions of yellow when zoomed out and by Ns when displayed at base level.

We would like to thank the Zoonomia Project for providing the data. We would also like to thank Hiram Clawson, Brian Joseph Raney, Mark Diekhans, Lou Nassar, and Gerardo Perez for their efforts in creating this track.