New Illumina Array tracks for hg19 and hg38

Gerardo Perez

Sep 1, 2022, 3:34:46 PM9/1/22
to genome-...@soe.ucsc.edu

Hello Everyone,

We are pleased to announce the addition of new Illumina Array tracks for the GRCh38/hg38 and GRCh37/hg19 human assemblies. These tracks are contained in the Array Probsets composite track.

  • Illumina 450k - Illumina 450k Methylation Array
  • Illumina 850k - Illumina 850k EPIC Methylation Array
  • CytoSNP 850k - Illumina 850k CytoSNP Array

The Illumina 450k and 850k tracks quantitatively interrogate methylation sites across the genome at single-nucleotide resolution. The Illumina 850k CytoSNP track contains approximately 850,000 empirically selected SNPs spanning the entire genome with enriched coverage for 3,262 genes of known cytogenetics relevance in both constitutional and cancer applications.

We would like to thank Illumina for providing the data. We would also like to thank Jairo Navarro, Brooke Rhead, and Gerardo Perez for their efforts on this release.