New Cross Tissue Nuclei track for hg38

Gerardo Perez

Apr 11, 2023, 1:05:23 PM4/11/23
to genome-...@soe.ucsc.edu

Hello Everyone,

We are happy to announce the release of the Single-Nuclei Cross-Tissue Map track for the human assembly GRCh38/hg38. This track collection contains three bar chart tracks of RNA expression. The first track, Cross Tissue Nuclei, allows cells to be grouped together and faceted on up to 4 categories: tissue, cell class, cell subclass, and cell type. The second track, Cross Tissue Details, allows cells to be grouped together and faceted on up to 7 categories: tissue, cell class, cell subclass, cell type, granular cell type, sex, and donor. The third track, GTEx Immune Atlas, allows cells to be grouped together and faceted on up to 5 categories: tissue, cell type, cell class, sex, and donor.

This track collection shows data from Single-nucleus cross-tissue molecular reference maps toward understanding disease gene function. The dataset covers ~200,000 single nuclei from a total of 16 human donors across 25 samples, using 4 different sample preparation protocols followed by droplet based single-cell RNA-seq. The samples were obtained from frozen tissue as part of the Genotype-Tissue Expression (GTEx) project. Samples were taken from the esophagus, skeletal muscle, heart, lung, prostate, breast, and skin. The dataset includes 43 broad cell classes, some specific to certain tissues and some shared across all tissue types. Please see the GTEx portal for further interactive displays and additional data.

We would like to thank the GTEx investigators, analysts, and portal team for providing this data. We would also like to thank Jim Kent, Brittney Wick, Chris Lee, and Gerardo Perez for integrating the data into the UCSC Genome Browser.