[genome-announce] Addition of GRCm38 patch 6 sequences to mm10

Jairo Navarro Gonzalez

Aug 5, 2021, 11:54:42 AMAug 5
to genome-...@soe.ucsc.edu
Hello everyone,

We are happy to announce the addition of patch release 6 to the mm10 genome from the Genome Reference Consortium. Learn more about the update to the mm10 genome from the following news announcement:

The GRC patch releases do not change any previously existing sequences; they simply add new sequences for fix patches or alternate haplotypes that correspond to specific regions of the main chromosome sequences. For most users, the patches are unlikely to make a difference and may complicate the analysis as they introduce more duplication. With the addition of new sequences to mm10, we can expect to see BLAT return more matches to the genome.