New JASPAR tracks: Human (hg19/hg38) - Mouse (mm10/mm39)

Gerardo Perez

Mar 5, 2024, 5:06:04 PMMar 5
to genome-...@soe.ucsc.edu

Hello Everyone,

We are excited to announce the new JASPAR 2024 tracks for human (GRCh37/hg19 and GRCh38/hg38) and mouse (GRCm39/mm39 and GRCm38/mm10). These tracks represent genome-wide predicted binding sites for transcription factors with binding profiles in the JASPAR CORE collection. JASPAR CORE is an open-source database containing a curated, non-redundant set of binding profiles derived from collections of experimentally defined transcription factor binding profiles. The JASPAR 2024 update expanded the JASPAR CORE collection by 20% (329 added and 72 upgraded profiles). JASPAR continues to uphold its core principles (i) providing high-quality TF binding profiles, (ii) fostering open access, and (iii) ensuring ease of use, which has been useful for the scientific community in studying gene transcription regulation.

The JASPAR database is a joint effort between several labs (please see the latest JASPAR paper). Binding site predictions and UCSC tracks were computed by the Computational Biology & Gene Regulation group. We would like to thank Jairo Navarro and Gerardo Perez at UCSC for building and testing these tracks.