New Genome Alignments Public Hubs

Daniel Schmelter

Jan 25, 2022, 7:33:50 PM1/25/22
to genome-...@soe.ucsc.edu, Benedict Paten, Joel Armstrong, Mark Diekhans

Hello alignment fans,

We have just added two curated additions to our Public Hub list, the Mammal and Bird Alignment (605 species) and the subset, Bird Alignment (363 Species). These whopping, many terabyte alignment datasets are made by the Cactus aligner and allow one to compare genome regions across any and all of these species. This can be useful for exploring animal physiology, conservation biodiversity, and human disease.

These well-documented assembly hubs include gene annotations (where available), PhyloP conservation scores, conserved bases, and multiple alignments in Mutation Annotation Format (MAF). The data are accessible and interface with tools like Table Browser and Data Integrator. Thank you to Joel Armstrong, Mark Diekans, Guojie Zhang, and Benedict Patten as well as the folks at the Bird10k and Zoonomia projects for their contribution. We hope these data will be a resource to many folks across the field of genetics.

See the data here:

https://genome.ucsc.edu/s/view/AlnHub

image.png

All the best,