A Genome Browser look at 2023 and support over the holidays

Gerardo Perez

Dec 22, 2023, 2:18:17 PM12/22/23
to genome-...@soe.ucsc.edu

Hello Everyone,

We hope you all had a good and productive year. With 2023 coming to a close, we would like to thank you all for your continued interest in the Browser and inform you about our limited availability during these upcoming holidays.

The UCSC campus will be closed from Monday, December 25, 2023, through Monday, January 1, 2024. During this time we will be monitoring the mailing lists for urgent messages, but many questions may go unanswered until early January. Below is a list of the available resources in case anyone needs assistance.

General Genome Browser questions: gen...@soe.ucsc.edu

Private list (not publicly archived or searchable) for questions containing sensitive information: genom...@soe.ucsc.edu

Questions regarding setting up a mirror site or troubleshooting an existing mirror site: genome...@soe.ucsc.edu

You may find the answer to your question in our archived mailing list forums:

Google Group forum: https://groups.google.com/a/soe.ucsc.edu/forum/#!forum/genome

Google Group Mirror site forum: https://groups.google.com/a/soe.ucsc.edu/forum/#!forum/genome-mirror

You could also do a Genome Browser search, which includes results in our help docs and public hubs.

We have had a busy year ourselves. Here are some Genome Browser releases you may have missed this year:

We also have a new trackDb change log page that shows the trackDb change history.

Thank you again for your continued support. We strive to provide the best tool for our users and always want to hear how we can improve. If you have any suggestions you would like to submit to the Genome Browser, such as novel datasets we could adopt, or features you would like to see, you may do so here: http://genome.ucsc.edu/cgi-bin/hgUserSuggestion

Happy holidays!

 - The Browser Team