Updated data for NCBI RefSeq tracks for human assembly hg38

Gerardo Perez

Jul 8, 2021, 6:05:09 PM7/8/21
to genome-...@soe.ucsc.edu

Hello Everyone,

We are pleased to announce the updated NCBI RefSeq Annotation Release 109.20210514 tracks for the hg38/GRCh38 assembly. To keep up with the periodic version releases, we will update the NCBI RefSeq tracks automatically for both hg19/GRCh37 and hg38/GRCh38. For all of these tracks, the alignments and coordinates are provided by RefSeq. These tracks are organized in a composite track that includes:

  • RefSeq All – all annotations from the curated and predicted sets
  • RefSeq Curated – curated annotations beginning with NM, NR, or NP
  • RefSeq Other – all other RefSeq annotations not included in RefSeq All
  • RefSeq Alignments – alignments of transcripts to the genome provided by RefSeq
  • RefSeq Diffs – alignment differences between the human reference genome(s) and RefSeq transcripts
  • RefSeq Select and MANE – a single Select transcript representative for each protein-coding gene
  • RefSeq HGMD – transcripts with clinical variants in Human Gene Mutation Database

We would like to thank NCBI and the RefSeq Annotation database for collecting and curating these data. We would also like to thank Hiram Clawson, Lou Nassar, and Gerardo Perez for developing and releasing these tracks.