We are pleased to announce the release of NCBI's dbSNP build 155 data for GRCh38/hg38 and GRCh37/hg19 human assemblies. The release reaches a new milestone of over 1 billion RefSNP (rs) records. For hg38 (GRCh38), approximately 998 million distinct variants (RefSNP clusters with rs# ids) have been mapped to more than 1.06 billion genomic locations including alternate haplotype and fix patch sequences. dbSNP remapped variants from hg38 to hg19 (GRCh37); approximately 981 million distinct variants were mapped to more than 1.02 billion genomic locations including alternate haplotype and fix patch sequences (not all of which are included in UCSC's hg19).
dbSNP build 155 is composed of 5 subtracks:
- Common dbSNP(155) - Common (1000 Genomes Phase 3 MAF >= 1%) Short Genetic Variants
- ClinVar dbSNP(155) - Short Genetic Variants in ClinVar
- Mult. dbSNP(155) - Short Genetic Variants that map to multiple genomic loci
- All dbSNP(155) - All Short Genetic Variants
- Map Err dbSnp(155) - Mappings with Inconsistent Coordinates
The complete data can be found across two separate directories in our download server, a bigBed file (bigDbSnp) for hg19 and hg38, and a shared secondary details file which holds additional variant details.
We would like to thank the dbSNP group at NCBI for providing access to these data. We would also like to thank Galt Barber, Angie Hinrichs, and Gerardo Perez for their efforts on this release.