Support for previous RefSeq transcripts while searching on hg38

Luis Nassar

Nov 30, 2023, 2:44:49 PM11/30/23
to genome-...@soe.ucsc.edu

Have you ever found a variant in a paper and searched for it on the Genome Browser only to receive an error that the sequence cannot be found? Or perhaps looked up a familiar NM_ identifier and suddenly found no results?

We are pleased to share that we now have support for searching previous RefSeq transcript versions on hg38. This support works for both NM_ accessions and HGVS searching as demonstrated below:

Searching for the latest transcript which always worked:

Searching for a previous version that now works::

We thank NCBI and Terence Murphy for creating the archive of deprecated transcripts that allows this feature to work.