[genome-announce] JASPAR Transcription Factor Binding Site track available for human and mouse

Jairo Navarro Gonzalez

Jan 6, 2022, 4:05:49 PM1/6/22
to genome-...@soe.ucsc.edu
Hello everyone,

We are happy to announce the new JASPAR 2022 track for human (GRCh37/hg19 and GRCh38/hg38) and mouse (GRCm39/mm39 and GRCm38/mm10). With this release, we are also introducing the JASPAR 2020 track for GRCm38/mm10.

These tracks represent genome-wide predicted binding sites for transcription factor binding profiles in the JASPAR CORE collection. JASPAR CORE is an open-source database containing a curated, non-redundant set of binding profiles derived from published collections of experimentally defined transcription factor binding sites for eukaryotes.

The JASPAR database is a joint effort between several labs (please see the latest JASPAR paper). Binding site predictions and UCSC tracks were computed by the Wasserman Lab. We would like to thank Daniel Schmelter and Jairo Navarro at UCSC for building and testing these tracks.