Genome Browser materials for education

Robert Kuhn

Sep 5, 2022, 8:46:48 PM9/5/22
to UCSC Genome Browser project announcements, Robert Kuhn
Greetings, Genome Browser enthusiasts,

Today we are announcing a new education module in the UCSC Genome Browser training pages.

In response to requests from Browser users, the new module is designed to assist teachers and students in understanding selected topics in Molecular Biology, Genetics, Medicine, Population Biology and Evolution.  Using the Genome Browser as a display device, the new module is organized as short stories written by undergraduates for undergraduates.  Supported by numerous links to live Browser sessions, the stories tell the tales and show some of the capabilities of the Genome Browser.

Find the pages here:

   https://genome.ucsc.edu/training/education/

We thank Zoe Shmidt, Mateo Etchevesta, Cally Lin, Arturo Marquez, Ana Gallego and Robert Kuhn for their contributions.

regards,

       --b0b kuhn
       ucsc genome bioinformatics group