New Public Track Hub: Dfam

Daniel Schmelter

Feb 18, 2022, 2:31:28 PM2/18/22
to genome-...@soe.ucsc.edu

Hello Genome-Navigators,

We are happy to announce another addition to our curated, crowdsourced public track hubs list, the Dfam track hub. The Dfam database is an open collection of repetitive elements, including Transposable Element (TE) families, Satellite, Short Tandem Repeats, and low complexity DNA as annotated by RepeatMasker. Available on the latest human genome, hg38, this dataset visually marks repeat regions that make up large portions of our genome in our new bigRepeatMask format.

Try this for yourself at the link below:

https://genome.ucsc.edu/s/view/DFam

dfam.png

Daniel Schmelter