Origins of Replication in Human Genome

Gombolay, Alli L

Dec 13, 2017, 3:56:15 PM12/13/17
to gen...@soe.ucsc.edu, Xu, Penghao

Hello UCSC Genome Browser Support,

I am interested in obtaining the coordinates of the origins of replication in the human genome. Is there a track available in the UCSC genome browser with this information? If so, what is the name of this track? If not, do you know of another database where I might be able to obtain this information?

Thank you,

Alli

—

Alli Gombolay, M.P.H.

Ph.D. Student | Bioinformatics

Georgia Institute of Technology

Christopher Lee

Dec 20, 2017, 11:55:02 AM12/20/17
to Gombolay, Alli L, gen...@soe.ucsc.edu, Xu, Penghao
Hi Alli,

Thank you for your question about origins of replication. There are
three tracks you may be interested in, one on the most recent human
assembly hg38, called RefSeq Functional Elements, and two tracks on
the hg19 browser, FSU Repli-chip and UW Repli-seq. Here are some
direct links to read a description about each track:

RefSeq Functional Elements:
http://genome.ucsc.edu/cgi-bin/hgTrackUi?db=hg38&g=refSeqFuncElems
UW Repli-seq: http://genome.ucsc.edu/cgi-bin/hgTrackUi?db=hg19&g=wgEncodeUwRepliSeq
FSU Repli-chip:
http://genome.ucsc.edu/cgi-bin/hgTrackUi?db=hg19&g=wgEncodeFsuRepliChip

Since the RefSeq Functional Elements track contains many different
types of annotations, you will want to use the Table Browser to filter
the track down to only the origins of replication by filtering on
"soTerm" does match "origin_of_replication".

Additionally, you may be interested in our track search tool, which
allows one to enter in a term like "replication" and find the UW
Repli-seq and FSU Repli-chip tracks (if searching on hg19).

Please let us know if you have any further questions!

Christopher Lee
UCSC Genomics Institute

Want to share the Browser with colleagues?
Host a workshop: http://bit.ly/ucscTraining

Thank you again for your inquiry and using the UCSC Genome Browser. If
you have any further questions, please reply to gen...@soe.ucsc.edu.
All messages sent to that address are archived on a
publicly-accessible forum. If your question includes sensitive data,
you may send it instead to genom...@soe.ucsc.edu.
> --
>
> ---
> https://groups.google.com/a/soe.ucsc.edu/d/msgid/genome/24587762-2B0B-424A-9C1C-C39A0BD24F41%40gatech.edu.

Gombolay, Alli L

Dec 20, 2017, 1:38:23 PM12/20/17
to Christopher Lee, gen...@soe.ucsc.edu, Xu, Penghao
Great! Thank you very much for the helpful information!