BAC end sequence track on UCSC browser

John Bermingham

Feb 23, 2015, 1:51:11 PM2/23/15
to gen...@soe.ucsc.edu
To Whom It May Concern:

I have forgotten how to access the bacterial artificial chromosome end sequence track from CHORI on the UCSC browser.  Could you please tell me how to do this?

Thanks

John

--
John R. Bermingham, Jr.
Research Associate Professor

Steve Heitner

Feb 23, 2015, 3:53:21 PM2/23/15
to John Bermingham, gen...@soe.ucsc.edu

Hello, John.

In which assembly are you trying to view the track?  I suspect you may be trying to view it on Drosophila melanogaster.  We recently released the dm6 assembly and updated the default Drosophila melanogaster assembly to dm6.  The BAC End Pairs track is only available on the dm3 Browser and because dm6 is now the default, you may be viewing dm6 and not seeing the track.

Please contact us again at gen...@soe.ucsc.edu if you have any further questions.
Questions sent to that address will be archived in a publicly-accessible forum for the benefit of other users.  If your question contains sensitive data, you may send it instead to genom...@soe.ucsc.edu.

---
Steve Heitner
UCSC Genome Bioinformatics Group

John Bermingham

Feb 23, 2015, 4:05:47 PM2/23/15
to st...@soe.ucsc.edu, gen...@soe.ucsc.edu
Thanks Steve,

I found it on the mm9 assembly.  Why isn't it on the mm10 assembly?

Thanks

John

We do have a version of the BAC End Pairs track for mm10 on our test server at http://genome-test.cse.ucsc.edu/.  As a test server, any information contained on it is still under development and could change at any time.  We have no time estimate of when this track might be released to the public server.