STR marker of a Gene

瀏覽次數:28 次
跳到第一則未讀訊息

Pirah Uqaili

未讀,
2016年4月25日 上午11:16:172016/4/25
收件者:gen...@soe.ucsc.edu
Hello,
     I am a PhD scholar doing research in the field of Molecular Biology and Genetics.
I want to find STR marker of a particular gene.
How am I suposed to find it on your UCSC genome browser? Please guide me

Regards,
Ms. Pirah Atif Uqaili,
PhD Scholar,
Molecular Biology and Genetics Dept.,
Medical Research Center,
LUMHS, Jamshoro

Christopher Lee

未讀,
2016年4月26日 下午2:00:382016/4/26
收件者:Pirah Uqaili、gen...@soe.ucsc.edu

Hi Pirah,

Thank you for your question about finding an STR marker for a particular gene.

To display STR markers, follow these steps:

1. Navigate to the Gateway page: http://genome.ucsc.edu/cgi-bin/hgGateway
2. Choose your organism of interest via the appropriate "group", "genome", and "assembly" menus
3. Use the search bar to search for your gene or locus of interest, and then click "submit"
3. Scroll down to the section titled "Repeats", and set the Simple Repeats track to "pack"
4. Click "refresh" to update the Genome Browser display

You should now see a track called "Simple Tandem Repeats by TRF". Clicking on one
of the items in the track brings up a details page with more information about each
individual repeat.

In the future, please remember to search our publicly archived mailing list
https://groups.google.com/a/soe.ucsc.edu/forum/#!forum/genome for questions
that have been answered previously.

You might also be interested in some introductory video tutorials about the browser available
from our training page:
http://genome.ucsc.edu/training/index.html
http://www.openhelix.com/ucsc

Thank you again for your inquiry and using the UCSC Genome Browser. If you have
any further questions, please reply to gen...@soe.ucsc.edu. All messages sent to
that address are archived on a publicly-accessible forum. If your question includes
sensitive data, you may send it instead to genom...@soe.ucsc.edu.

--

---

回覆所有人