how to show yourseq track in genome browser

Norman Iscove

Jan 2, 2018, 12:02:04 PM1/2/18
to gen...@soe.ucsc.edu
If I use online blat, the browser link displays a (very helpful) 'yourseq' track. I understand it is specified by the 'hgsid' parameter in the browser link that is generated by the blat program.

If I simply browse (http://genome.ucsc.edu/cgi-bin/hgGateway?hgsid=480317363_mPKDp89dyan0VyGe1eZhABfbBHwh) and enter an inquiry like chr2:1000000-1001200, no 'yourseq' track is available to display. It would be great to have that option in the track display settings, but it seems not to be there. Is there a way to specify a 'yourseq' track in a custom track formulation?

Any help on this would be appreciated

Norman Iscove
Princess Margaret Cancer Centre
Toronto Canada

Jairo Navarro Gonzalez

Jan 5, 2018, 1:15:09 PM1/5/18
to Norman Iscove, UCSC Genome Browser Mailing List

Hello Norman,

Thank you for using the UCSC Genome Browser and your inquiry.

You can create a bigPsl custom track from the blat results page. After you perform your BLAT search, on the results page, click Build a custom track with these results to create the custom track. If these blat results are not saved as a custom track, they will expire after 48 hours.

If you would like to keep your custom track from being deleted, you can save the custom track in a session. You can learn more about how to save a custom track in a session from this previously answered question.

I hope this is helpful. If you have any further questions, please reply to gen...@soe.ucsc.edu.
All messages sent to that address are archived on a publicly-accessible Google Groups forum.
If your question includes sensitive data, you may send it instead to genom...@soe.ucsc.edu.

Jairo Navarro
UCSC Genomics Institute

Want to share the Browser with colleagues?
Host a workshop: http://bit.ly/ucscTraining

--

---