Not getting recovery emails

1 view

Jeltje van Baren

Sep 23, 2016, 3:08:53 PM9/23/16
to gen...@soe.ucsc.edu
Hello browsers,

I recently wanted to log in via the My Sessions page at http://genome.ucsc.edu but I had forgotten my password, so I clicked  Can't access your account?
I tried both the 'username' and the 'password' version but didn't receive emails in either case.

Fortunately one of my attempts at logging in succeeded, so I tried to figure out where the system sent those recovery emails. However, I didn't see any kind of 'profile' or 'account settings' options.

I'm assuming the email associated with user jeltje is jeltje.v...@gmail.com. If that's the case, then why did I not get emails? And if it's not, how do I change it?

Thanks,

-Jeltje

Luvina Guruvadoo

Sep 23, 2016, 3:21:26 PM9/23/16
to Jeltje van Baren, gen...@soe.ucsc.edu
Hello Jeltje,

Thank you for contacting us. The email associated with your username is jel...@wustl.edu. Would you like for us to change it to jeltje.v...@gmail.com?

If you have any further questions, please reply to gen...@soe.ucsc.edu. All messages sent to that address are archived on a publicly-accessible forum. If your question includes sensitive data, you may send it instead to genom...@soe.ucsc.edu.

Regards,
Luvina

--
Luvina Guruvadoo
UCSC Genome Browser

http://genome.ucsc.edu

Jeltje van Baren

Sep 23, 2016, 4:44:32 PM9/23/16
to Luvina Guruvadoo, gen...@soe.ucsc.edu
Well THAT would explain it.
Yes, please.

And thanks for the quick response!

Luvina Guruvadoo

Sep 23, 2016, 4:47:29 PM9/23/16
to Jeltje van Baren, gen...@soe.ucsc.edu
Hi Jeltje,

Your email address has been updated. Let us know if you experience any issues.