LiftOver tool

תמר :)

Jul 5, 2016, 11:27:48 AM7/5/16
to gen...@soe.ucsc.edu
hi,
i want to use LifeOver but i cant find the volume limit of a file.
there is a limit?
thanks
tamar

Christopher Lee

Jul 5, 2016, 12:42:00 PM7/5/16
to תמר :), UCSC Genome Browser Discussion List

Hello Tamar,

Thank you for your question about the volume limit of the liftOver tool. There is
no limit that we know of, however for large queries, we recommend using the
liftOver executable. The command-line liftOver program requires a UCSC-generated
over.chain file as input. Pre-generated files are available for selected
assemblies from the downloads page:
http://hgdownload.cse.ucsc.edu/downloads.html

Please note that the command-line LiftOver utility does require a license for use
by a for-profit company or corporation. You can read the full license here:
https://genome-store.ucsc.edu/media/eula/2014/09/16/LiftOver-EULA.pdf.

You can purchase a license for LiftOver from our store:
https://genome-store.ucsc.edu/.

Thank you again for your inquiry and using the UCSC Genome Browser. If you have any
further questions, please reply to gen...@soe.ucsc.edu. All messages sent to that address
are archived on a publicly-accessible forum. If your question includes sensitive data, you
may send it instead to genom...@soe.ucsc.edu.

Christopher Lee
UCSC Genomics Institute

--