error "interrupted system call"

Yeroslaviz, Assa

Nov 3, 2015, 11:51:13 AM11/3/15
to gen...@soe.ucsc.edu

hello,

when uploading multiple files onto the server (sometimes only 9, sometime even 50) I often get this error:

 Error Error (Interrupted system call) reading http header on http://servername/fileName.wig

If I just press submit again, it repeat the upload and in most cases complete it without further problems.

I was wondering if there is a reason for this kind of problem and what can i do to prevent it.

Does the browser has a limit on the number of files it can upload in one go?

thanks

Assa

——

Assa Yeroslaviz, PhD
Application service, Bioinformatics group
Max Planck Institute for Biochemistry
Am Klopferspitz 18, 82152 Martinsried
Germany
Tel:     +49 89 8578 2427
Email: yeros...@biochem.mpg.de

Steve Heitner

Nov 13, 2015, 6:23:08 PM11/13/15
to Yeroslaviz, Assa, gen...@soe.ucsc.edu

Hello, Assa.

Have you noticed that this is only happening with .wig files?  If it is happening with other types of files, are these very large files that are causing the problems?  I suspect you may be trying to upload very large wiggle files which tends to cause problems.  If this is the case, I highly suggest converting your wiggles to bigWig format which you can read more about at http://genome.ucsc.edu/goldenPath/help/bigWig.html.

You may also consider creating a track hub.  See more about track hubs at http://genome.ucsc.edu/goldenPath/help/hgTrackHubHelp.html and http://genome.ucsc.edu/goldenPath/help/hubQuickStart.html.

Please contact us again at gen...@soe.ucsc.edu if you have any further questions.
All messages sent to that address are archived on a publicly-accessible Google Groups forum.  If your question includes sensitive data, you may send it instead to genom...@soe.ucsc.edu.

---