genomic browser location links problem

az...@mail.ustc.edu.cn

Jan 16, 2018, 11:34:33 AM1/16/18
to gen...@soe.ucsc.edu
Hi,
   UCSC is amzazing platform and data resocurce, Firs of all i would like to acnkowldge you people are doing great Job, I am just basin new learner so dont mind my stupid question. Any how my question is I have an excel sheet with lost of genomic locaions and i want to make those locations as hyper link by using some formula so i can apply on whole sheet not just one by one I know you helped thorugh

How do I construct a hyperlink to the Genome Browser from my software?

Make a link to the Genome Browser using a URL of the form:

http://genome.ucsc.edu/cgi-bin/hgTracks?org=[org]&db=[db]&position=[position]

and

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UCSC_Genome_Browser

 but this links shows how you can make link

but i want my location to be hyperlink like for eg

chr3:13000000-15000000

by using some kind of formula that

http://genome.ucsc.edu/cgi-bin/hgTracks?org=[org]&db=[db]&position=[position] can be added into as hyper to
chr3:13000000-15000000
so i can apply this to whole sheet
Thanks

Regards

Jairo Navarro Gonzalez

Jan 17, 2018, 7:16:48 PM1/17/18
to az...@mail.ustc.edu.cn, UCSC Genome Browser Mailing List

Hello,

Thank you for using the UCSC Genome Browser and your inquiry.

You can learn how to create Genome Browser links using Excel from the following wiki page:

Spreadsheet links to Genome Browser views

For example, the genome wiki page provides a formula that can create a link to hg38 for your region, chr3:13000000-15000000, by modifying the following URL:

http://genome.ucsc.edu/cgi-bin/hgTracks?db=[db]&position=[position]

http://genome.ucsc.edu/cgi-bin/hgTracks?db=hg38&position=chr3:13000000-15000000

I hope this is helpful. If you have any further questions, please reply to gen...@soe.ucsc.edu.
All messages sent to that address are archived on a publicly-accessible Google Groups forum.
If your question includes sensitive data, you may send it instead to genom...@soe.ucsc.edu.

Jairo Navarro
UCSC Genomics Institute

Want to share the Browser with colleagues?
Host a workshop: http://bit.ly/ucscTraining

--

---