Issue displaying custom multiWig track

Rohit Venkat

Aug 25, 2016, 4:47:32 PM8/25/16
to gen...@soe.ucsc.edu
Hello,

I loaded a couple of custom multiWig tracks into my genome browser, and for some reason, they are having trouble displaying in my browser when I move the browser coordinates to the left or right. A boxed white area appears in the multiWig track, and the track becomes duplicated each time I reposition the coordinates. I've attached a screenshot to show you. If I go to another page and return to the genome browser page, however, the tracks becomes corrected. I've loaded many custom tracks before but have never had this problem. Do you know the underlying reason for this behavior? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Best,
Rohit
Capture.PNG

Luvina Guruvadoo

Aug 26, 2016, 5:42:36 PM8/26/16
to Rohit Venkat, gen...@soe.ucsc.edu
Hello Rohit,

Thank you for your email. Could you please send us your custom track (URL) so we may take a closer look at the issue? Also, can you describe how you are moving the browser coordinates to the left and right? Are you using the drag and scroll feature, the zoom in/out feature, or left/right buttons above the browser display? You may send your custom track directly to me if you wish to avoid sharing it with the public mailing list.

If you have any further questions, please reply to gen...@soe.ucsc.edu. All messages sent to that address are archived on a publicly-accessible forum. If your question includes sensitive data, you may send it instead to genom...@soe.ucsc.edu.

Regards,
Luvina

--
Luvina Guruvadoo
UCSC Genome Browser

http://genome.ucsc.edu

Luvina Guruvadoo

Sep 1, 2016, 6:29:10 PM9/1/16
to Rohit Venkat, gen...@soe.ucsc.edu
Hello Rohit,

Thank you for sending us your files. One of our engineers discovered that our code is not handling periods "." in the track names correctly. If you replace all the periods with underscores "_" you will no longer see the issue in the browser display. This is the suggested workaround for now.  Thank you for bringing this to our attention.