chain files between Oryza sativa MSUv6.0,MUSv6.1,IRGSP-1.0(MSUv7) is not available

李为国

Apr 21, 2015, 12:34:18 PM4/21/15
to gen...@soe.ucsc.edu
 hi,

  I am converting genome coordinates between different rice assembly,but the chain files for Oryza sativa Organism  is not in the list, can you send the chain files to me OR add the Oryza sativa Organism in the
Lift Genome Annotations tool?
  I need the  MSUv6toMUSv6.1.over.chain.gz,MSUv6toRGSP-1.0.over.chain.gz,MSUv6.1toRGSP-1.0.over.chain.gz,RGSP-1.0toMSUv6.1.over.chain.gz
   thank you for help!
    best wishes!
     liwei

Jonathan Casper

Apr 21, 2015, 1:20:58 PM4/21/15
to 李为国, gen...@soe.ucsc.edu

Hello Liwei,

Thank you for your request that we add liftOver files for converting between different assemblies of the Oryza sativa genome. Unfortunately, we are unable to add the Oryza sativa genome to the UCSC Genome Browser or create liftOver files for it at this time - our funding mandates that we focus on vertebrate genomes.

If you have found another site that provides a browser for Oryza sativa, the maintainers of that site may be able to provide you with those files. You may also be interested in creating the liftOver files yourself. If so, you can find directions for this process on our wiki site at http://genomewiki.ucsc.edu/index.php/Minimal_Steps_For_LiftOver. We provide scripts at http://genomewiki.ucsc.edu/index.php/Same_species_lift_over_construction that should do most of the work for you, but some knowledge of command-line Unix/Linux is required.

I hope this is helpful. If you have any further questions, please reply to gen...@soe.ucsc.edu or genome...@soe.ucsc.edu. Questions sent to those addresses will be archived in publicly-accessible forums for the benefit of other users. If your question contains sensitive data, you may send it instead to genom...@soe.ucsc.edu.

--
Jonathan Casper
UCSC Genome Bioinformatics Group