how to download the genes content of my custom track

Roxy J

Aug 10, 2016, 3:45:06 PM8/10/16
to gen...@soe.ucsc.edu
Hi,

I just created a custom track with my own bed file.  I am looking at the annotation in the genome browser, but can' find a way to save the information on my computer. How do I save a file with the content that I am seeing in the browser?

Thanks,

RJ

Matthew Speir

Aug 10, 2016, 4:41:14 PM8/10/16
to Roxy J, gen...@soe.ucsc.edu
Hi Roxy,

Thank you for your question about downloading the information in your
custom track.

You can use the Table Browser to do this.

First, navigate to the Table Browser:
https://genome.ucsc.edu/cgi-bin/hgTables. From there, select the genome
and assembly for which you loaded your custom track. Next, select your
custom track from the "group" and "track" drop-down menus. There should
be a group titled "Custom Tracks" in the "group" drop-down. Then, enter
a name for your custom track file in the box next to "output file".
Lastly, click "get output" and your browser should automatically start
downloading a file containing the contents of your custom track.

I hope this is helpful. If you have any further questions, please reply
to gen...@soe.ucsc.edu. All messages sent to that address are archived
on a publicly-accessible Google Groups forum. If your question includes
sensitive data, you may send it instead to genom...@soe.ucsc.edu.

Matthew Speir
UCSC Genome Bioinformatics Group