NCBI Gnomon gene annotation for the chicken galGal5 genome

Yung-Chih Lai

Mar 13, 2017, 11:40:09 AM3/13/17
to UCSC Genome Browser Discussion List

Hi,

For the chicken galGal5 reference genome, besides the Ensembl Release 86, NCBI Gnomon annotation is also a very helpful resource (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/genome/annotation_euk/Gallus_gallus/103/). May I know whether UCSC Genome browser will add NCBI Gnomon annotation for galGal5 in the future? Many thanks.

Best,

Gary

Luvina Guruvadoo

Mar 21, 2017, 12:58:09 PM3/21/17
to Yung-Chih Lai, UCSC Genome Browser Discussion List
Hello Gary,

Thank you for your question. We do have plans to build NCBI RefSeq Gene tracks for a few of our organisms, including galGal5. This set of tracks will include Gnomon annotations. I'm unable to provide a release date at this time, but we have made note of your request. Thanks again.

If you have any further questions, please reply to gen...@soe.ucsc.edu. All messages sent to that address are archived on a publicly-accessible forum. If your question includes sensitive data, you may send it instead to genom...@soe.ucsc.edu.

Regards,
Luvina

--
Luvina Guruvadoo