"MGI" versus "Jackson Lab" on gene links & databases

Joanne Berghout

Feb 17, 2015, 3:55:07 PM2/17/15
to gen...@soe.ucsc.edu
Hello,

I noticed in the “Sequence and Links to Tools and Databases” box you use the title “Jackson Lab” but link to Mouse Genome Informatics.  MGI is actually an NHGRI funded database research project which annotates data from the entire research community, not just JAX mice - would you be willing to relabel the field as “MGI” or “Mouse Genome Informatics” instead of “Jackson Lab” to reflect this? A lot of people conflate the two which is not a huge deal, but we like to have a little separate visibility/branding where we can in order to justify (and maintain) our funding!

Thanks,

Joanne Berghout, PhD
Outreach Coordinator, Mouse Genome Informatics
600 Main St., Bar Harbor, ME 04609

Jonathan Casper

Feb 19, 2015, 2:03:43 PM2/19/15
to Joanne Berghout, gen...@soe.ucsc.edu

Hello Joanne,

Thank you for your request that we change the names of the links to your lab. We are happy to do this for you! The links are built into our CGIs so it will take a bit of time for the changes to propagate out, but it should be finished by the end of our next CGI release cycle on March 17th.

I hope this is helpful. If you have any further questions, please reply to gen...@soe.ucsc.edu or genome...@soe.ucsc.edu. Questions sent to those addresses will be archived in publicly-accessible forums for the benefit of other users. If your question contains sensitive data, you may send it instead to genom...@soe.ucsc.edu.

--
Jonathan Casper
UCSC Genome Bioinformatics Group