COSMIC in Table Browser

Theodore John Wigle

Jul 31, 2017, 11:57:31 AM7/31/17
to gen...@soe.ucsc.edu
Hello,

Since the latest release I have been unable to find the COSMIC data set when in table browser, it does not show up.

Prior to last Thursday I was able to do this but now I am unable to. I am wondering what has happened? Is this temporary?

Best,

Theodore Wigle

Matthew Speir

Aug 4, 2017, 5:55:37 PM8/4/17
to Theodore John Wigle, gen...@soe.ucsc.edu
Hi Theodore,

Thank you for your question about COSMIC data in the UCSC Genome Browser.

We recently released an updated version of the COSMIC track based on the v82 release of the COSMIC database. We used COSMIC's detailed annotation file to create this track, which means that we are not allowed to redistribute their data. Previous versions of COSMIC did not carry this restriction (for reference, the previous version of this track was based on COSMIC v68).

However, you can create an account on the COSMIC website and download the same data we used to generate our track: http://cancer.sanger.ac.uk/cosmic.

I hope this is helpful. If you have any further questions, please reply to gen...@soe.ucsc.edu. All messages sent to that address are archived on a publicly-accessible Google Groups forum. If your question includes sensitive data, you may send it instead to genom...@soe.ucsc.edu.

Matthew Speir
UCSC Genome Bioinformatics Group
--

---