Msx1

Michael Bunnemeyer

Aug 4, 2016, 4:16:08 PM8/4/16
to UCSC
Hello,
When Msc1 is plugged into the UCSC Genome Browser gateway under Mouse Assembly (GRCm38), the following pops up: It is listed in “Gene Cards”.   Please explain what went wrong.
Thank you,
Michael Bunnemeyer, MD

Luvina Guruvadoo

Aug 11, 2016, 5:15:12 PM8/11/16
to Michael Bunnemeyer, UCSC
Hello Michael,

Thank you for your question. If I understand correctly, I believe the gene you are looking for is mouse musculin (Msc). If you try searching the mm10 assembly for "Msc", you will find a number of results. Note, Gene Cards is a Human Genome database. Searching for "Msc1" in Gene Cards displays a result with "Msc1" (related to yeast) mentioned in a publication for UBE2E3 (Ubiquitin Conjugating Enzyme E2 E3).

If you have any further questions, please reply to gen...@soe.ucsc.edu. All messages sent to that address are archived on a publicly-accessible forum. If your question includes sensitive data, you may send it instead to genom...@soe.ucsc.edu.

Regards,
Luvina

--
Luvina Guruvadoo