Hi, I have a problem about the Table Browser

刘桥

Oct 18, 2017, 4:00:18 PM10/18/17
to gen...@soe.ucsc.edu
Hi, I have a problem about the usage of table browser.

In collected a lot of tsv file of RNA-seq from ENCODE project, I can obtain gene_id or transcript_id (all are numbers) and TPM or FPKM.

How can I transform these ids (numbers) to gene name using the table browser?

Thank you very much.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Best regards,
Qiao

--
Candidate for PhD Degree
Department of Automation, Tsinghua University

Christopher Lee

Oct 18, 2017, 6:06:48 PM10/18/17
to 刘桥, UCSC Genome Browser Discussion List
Hi Qiao,

Thank you for your question about using the Table Browser to find a
list of gene names. Can you please expand a bit further on what you
mean by "all are numbers"?

Generally speaking, to transform id's into gene names, you can follow
the steps from this previously answered mailing list question:
https://groups.google.com/a/soe.ucsc.edu/d/msg/genome/foRSt6SQotk/P4LsUdBGAAAJ

The idea is to paste/upload your transcript identifiers using the
button next to the "identifiers (names/accessions):" section on the
Table Browser, and then select a field from a related table in order
to get the gene name.

If you provide some specific examples of gene_id's or transcript_id's
you are trying to convert, we can provide more specific instructions.

Please know that we have a publicly archived list of previously
answered mailing list questions you can search:
https://groups.google.com/a/soe.ucsc.edu/forum/#!forum/genome

I hope this is helpful, please let us know if you have any further questions!

Thank you again for your inquiry and using the UCSC Genome Browser. If
you have any further questions, please reply to gen...@soe.ucsc.edu.
All messages sent to that address are archived on a
publicly-accessible forum. If your question includes sensitive data,
you may send it instead to genom...@soe.ucsc.edu.

Christopher Lee
UCSC Genomics Institute