BLAT executable

Rachael Thomas

Jun 28, 2016, 3:22:32 PM6/28/16
to gen...@soe.ucsc.edu
Hi

I'm trying to set up standalone BLAT to run locally on my mac, and am using http://hgdownload.cse.ucsc.edu/admin/exe/ to obtain the necessary source and executables. I have been unable to successfully download the BLAT executable for macOSX.x86_64/ in the correct format (it comes through as a text file that I can't compile); however I had no problem with the macOSX.i386 version on the same site. Are you able to let me know what I am missing? Apologies for my ignorance

Thanks

Luvina Guruvadoo

Jul 1, 2016, 3:22:59 PM7/1/16
to Rachael Thomas, gen...@soe.ucsc.edu
Hello Rachael,

Thank you for contacting us. The executable appears to be downloading correctly:

curl 'http://hgdownload.soe.ucsc.edu/admin/exe/macOSX.x86_64/blat/blat' -o blat
chmod +x blat
./blat

You could also try running uname -a to view your software and hardware specifications. Let us know if you are still experiencing issues.

If you have any further questions, please reply to gen...@soe.ucsc.edu. All messages sent to that address are archived on a publicly-accessible forum. If your question includes sensitive data, you may send it instead to genom...@soe.ucsc.edu.

Regards,
Luvina

--
Luvina Guruvadoo